There are two ways that, as a staff member, you can get involved with your colleagues on Parent Hub. Either your school admin can invite you or you can request to join.
We'll start with the invite as that's the easiest! If you want to see how you can request to join a school, just jump down the page a little.
Either: accept a School Invite
If you've been invited to join your school, you should have received an email telling you exactly that. If you've got one of these emails, here's what you need to do...
1. Head over to the Parent Hub Portal. If you've used Parent Hub before (including the app), then choose Sign In. If not, choose Register.
2. Once in, hit "Get Started" on the little welcome pop-up and follow the welcome steps to create a profile.
3. After creating your profile you'll see an invitation from your school admin:
4. Hit Accept! You'll automatically switch into your new school profile. If you want to change profiles, you can use the profile-switcher in the Profile menu, top-right:
Or: request to join your school
If you've signed up and don't have an invite, you'll see a screen that looks like this, right after creating your profile...
1. Hit the Find my School button on the left. It'll launch a search window:
2. Search for your school. If your school has a common name, St. Joseph's for example, try searching using your school postcode instead. Random fact: There are 264 St Joseph's in the UK.
3. If your school is already set up, you'll be prompted to complete a little form to request access from your school administrator.
4. Badger your school administrator until they approve your request!! You'll get an email once you're approved and ready to go.
Then: join a school channel
If your school administrator has created a channel for you (for example, Year 3 channel), then you'll find it under 'School Channels'. For each channel you'd like to join, just click the circle with 3 dots > Request access. You'll be notified as soon as your channel request is approved, and then you can get sending!
Already got some channels set up in your "Me" profile? No worries, you can switch them over to your school profile. Click here to find out how!