Please Note: This article applies only to schools using Parent Hub linked with RM Integris.
There are lots of ways to let the world know about Parent Hub and invite your parent community to download the app.
We've listed below the steps for the approach our schools say works best, but it's also worth checking out our other ideas at the bottom of the page for spreading far and wide the good news about Parent Hub at your school!
First, though, a quick recap about your School Handle...
Your School Handle
Your School Handle (e.g. @nameofschool) is your unique identifier on Parent Hub.
Whichever way you invite parents onto the app, they'll need your school handle to hand when they first register in order to follow your school and receive the messages you're sending out.
Your school's handle is displayed at the top of the Channel Menu in each of your channels.
How to invite parents to download and register for the Parent Hub app
Our schools tell us the most effective way to let parents know about Parent Hub is to send some information about it directly to their phone.
1. From the Dashboard, click on 'Invite Parents'
This will download for you an A4 PDF poster that explains what Parent Hub is and provides some instructions on how to download and register for it.
It also contains your school handle, which parents will need to enter in the app to follow your school.
2. Open the poster and save it to your computer
You'll be coming back to this to attach it to your welcome message to parents.
3. Click on 'My Channels' and check your school Channel is linked to Integris and that SMS is on
We use icons to indicate how a Channel is currently set up. In the table row for your main school channel you should see a green MIS icon, as well as an orange SMS bubble.
If you need to update your Channel settings, just click on the action button at the end of the row and select the relevant option.
4. Send out a welcome message via your main school Channel and attach the A4 PDF poster
You can access your main school channel by selecting it from the list of Channels on the lefthand side bar.
Every message you send out needs a subject/title, as well as the main message body. These are entered in the sending bar at the bottom of the screen.
To attach the PDF poster, just click the paperclip icon next to the 'Post' button and select Add a File. This will open a file browser for you to search for and select the file you want to attach.
When you're happy with your message, hit 'Post' and we'll send it out via SMS. We'll include a link for parents to view the poster you've attached, and we'll prompt them to download the app.
Other ways to tell parents about Parent Hub
- Print out the A4 poster and send it home with your students (try running a competition between classes/year groups with a prize for the group with the most parent sign ups!)
- Invite parents via email from within Parent Hub (click on the 'Invite Parents' button in the Channel Menu for your main school channel)
- Stick posters up around your school to make your school handle prominent and visible
- Create a Parent Hub page on your website (make sure it contains your school handle and links to the Parent Hub app on iPhone and Android)
- Include your school handle in all communication with parents from now on (letterheads, newsletters, policy documents, etc.)
- Set up a stand at parents' evening so you can walk parents through the process there and then
- Last, but by no means least, send out lots of content (this is a great way to harness the power of parents chatting to one another about the app!)