Please Note: This article applies only to schools that have purchased email sending as part of their Parent Hub subscription.
Email sending through Parent Hub is an optional extra that works seamlessly alongside our app and SMS service.
It slots neatly into Channels and Direct Messages, and comes jam-packed with all the usual Parent Hub benefits:
- Live read receipts for every recipient.
- Space for up to 10 attachments in a single message.
- An advert accompanying each message encouraging parents to download the Parent Hub app.
The guide below is for school's that have purchased email sending as part of their Parent Hub subscription. If you're interested in a free trial, please click here.
How to turn on Email sending for all Student Contacts
1. Click on 'Contacts'
You can access this from the Dashboard, or by clicking on the Features Menu in the top right corner of the screen and selecting it from the available options (Admins only).
2. Select the 'Student Contacts' tab at the top of the screen
This table displays every contact in your MIS that has parental responsibility for at least 1 child at your school.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the table and change the 'Per Page' dropdown from '20' to 'All'
You'll need to do this to ensure the changes you're about to make will apply to everyone in the table, and not just the 20 entries in the page you're on currently.
4. Click on the 'Select all' checkbox in the top/bottom left of the table
This will select every contact with Parental Responsibility from your MIS, except those without either a mobile number or a valid email address.
5. Click on the 'Bulk Action' dropdown and select 'Turn on Email'
When the table updates, for each contact with a valid email address, you'll see a blue Email envelope icon in the 'Contactable via' column. From now on, when you send them a message, they'll always receive a backup copy via email.