Not everyone finds it easy to read the documents they receive on their mobile phone. If this is you, then this guide explains how you can get documents on to your computer instead.
This guide is for iPhone and iPads only. If you have an Android device, click here.
When you receive a document in the Parent Hub app, you can use the sharing options on your device to print it, email it to yourself or save it into a file storage application, like Dropbox (if you use it).
On your iPhone / iPad:
- Open the Parent Hub app and find the attachment that you want to read.
- Make a note of the file extension as you'll need this later (the 3 or 4 letters after the . at the end of the filename, for example .pdf .doc or .docx).
- Tap on the attachment to open it.
- Tap ‘Share’ (top-right).
- Choose how you would like to share the file, eg. Mail.
- Send the email to an address that you can access from a computer.
On your computer:
- Open your email and download the attached file.
- If it asks you where you want to save the file, choose a folder. Sometimes files automatically go to your downloads folder.
- Open the chosen folder and find the saved file. The file name will be a long one made up of random letters and numbers and so it may be easiest to find by sorting the file view for the most recent file.
- Right click > Rename.
- Add .pdf OR .doc OR .docx to the end of the file name as appropriate, then press Enter.
- Double click or press Enter again to open the file.