Having an up-to-date mobile number for each parent you need to reach is super important. Parent Hub uses mobile numbers as the first step of parent verification, so it's important each parent has a valid, unique mobile number in your MIS.
How to fix Student Contacts with no mobile number
Parent Hub takes mobile numbers from the mobile field of the parent's record in your MIS. If a parent appears not to have a mobile number, please check the following:
- Is the mobile number recorded as a mobile?
- If it's listed as a 'home' or 'work' number, it won't show up in Parent Hub.
- Does it have 11 digits?
- Spaces are fine, but all UK mobiles need 11 digits. Check for missing - or extra - digits that might have crept in!
- Is it free from words or letters?
- Only numbers and spaces are allowed.
- Is it on the right page?
- Remember to record it against the parent. (It's no problem if you also have it recorded against the student.)
If you've answered 'yes' to all of the above, please make sure that the parent also has parental responsibility ticked.
Remember to wait 24 hours for Parent Hub to sync with your MIS after making this change. If you're in a hurry please email email@example.com or call 0161 202 4141 so we can quickly run a manual sync for you!