Thanks for completing our end-of-year questionnaire – please find below your personalised next steps.
Step 1 - add and remove staff
If any staff who use Parent Hub are joining or leaving your school this year, you can manage this in Admin > Staff Accounts
- To remove a staff account, click Actions > Remove Staff Account > Confirm
- To invite someone new to Parent Hub, click Invite Staff. You’ll then be asked to enter their email address and name.
Once any new staff have signed up and accepted your invitation, you’ll be able to assign them a role, such as Intermediate.
Step 2 – manage your channels
Please wait till 1st September before you continue.
Next, please unlink each channel from your MIS, except for the main school channel, then re-link each channel to its corresponding MIS group.
- Head to Channels > View All
- Click Actions > Edit linked MIS groups
- Remove the linked group
- Click Actions > Link to MIS groups
- Add back the group
Finally, if any staff have moved groups, please remove them from last year’s channels and invite them to their new channels:
- Click on a channel's name to view that channel
- In the channel menu (right-hand side), click the Contributors drop-down box
- Use the X to remove staff, and search for new staff members by name
- Then tap the + to send them an invite
Step 3 – check your sending defaults
Make sure Parent Hub has a default, or preferred, method for reaching at least 1 contact for every student in school. Your ‘default coverage’ stat on the Dashboard gives you an instant picture of how close you are to achieving this: try to make sure it stays at 100%! Click Manage Defaults to fix this.
Step 4 – clean up your MIS data
Parent Hub’s MIS Data section is designed to help you spot any errors that might exist in the contact data in your MIS. Head to Admin > MIS Data and click on the tiles to identify common issues, such as:
- missing parental responsibility
- missing or shared mobile numbers
Parent Hub syncs with your MIS each night automatically, so any changes you make today should appear tomorrow.
Step 5 - invite new parents to the app
- Make sure you have a copy of your invite poster to hand (saved somewhere accessible)
- Go to Send a Direct Message
- Send to parents of 'whole school'
- Edit contacts
- Remove the app, and add SMS for 'P1 (not on app)' if not already included
- Save & exit
- Write a welcome message and attach your invitation flyer - remember to personalise the message using Merge Tags
That’s it! You’re all ready for a new year of learning. As ever, if we can help at all, please give us a call on 0161 202 4141 or email email@example.com