Sometimes you’ll need messages about a student to be sent to both parents. In this guide, we’ll show you how to manually set up SMS and email sending for additional contacts.
- First navigate to the ‘Manage Sending Defaults’ page by clicking Admin > Contacts > Student Contacts and click ‘Manage Sending Defaults’.
- You’ll find anyone who doesn’t yet have a sending preference in the ‘Contacts without a default’ tab.
- Search for a contact by typing their name, or their child’s name, in the search box.
- Once you’ve found them, click the SMS icon to set text messaging as the default. You can choose how long you want this default to apply – 'always' or just 'until' they download the app.
- You can apply changes one contact at a time, or all at once using the 'Apply All' button at the top of the table.
- As the changes take effect, the selected contacts will move into the ‘Contacts with a default’ tab.
- A new ‘manually assigned’ pill will appear in the top left panel, to indicate you’ve made a manual addition.
- Changes will be stored when you click Save, or Save & Exit.
You can set up sending defaults automatically according to contacts’ priority. Just check out our guide: How to set up SMS and email for priority 1 contacts.