When you come to send a Direct Message or Attendance Alert, we highlight any students who are going to miss out on your message in red at the top of the list.
The good news is, it's probably an easy fix! The reason they're about to miss out is that their parents don't have a preferred sending method we can use to reach them. This could be because:
- You've set Direct Messages not to use SMS or email
- You don't have a mobile number or email address for the parents
- The student doesn't have any priority 1 contacts, or they're missing parental responsibility
Ultimately this needs fixing in your MIS, or in your Direct Message Settings or the Manage Sending Defaults page in Parent Hub. But right now, you can follow these simple steps to send out this one message about all the students you need:
- Click the 'EDIT' button above the list of students, or if you've used Advanced Search, just click Next.
- You'll find the missing contacts in the 'Contacts not included' tab.
- Turn on SMS or email for at least 1 contact per student and apply your changes.
- You'll notice the number of missing students go down as you make changes
- When you're done, click 'Save and Exit' and send your message!
The contacts I need are missing from the Select Contacts page
This means they don't have parental responsibility. Please fix this in your MIS and wait 24 hours, or give us a shout if it's urgent.
I can't click SMS or email because they're greyed out
This means you don't have a mobile number or email address for this contact. Please fix this in your MIS and wait 24 hours, or give us a shout if it's urgent.
As ever, we're on hand if you'd like help - just email email@example.com or call 0161 202 4141